CONTAMINATION AVOIDANCE PROCEDURES
Following the easing of the lockdown restrictions announced by the Government on 10th May 2020, all dog services are allowed to resume, even during a period of lockdown, as long as the business has protocols in place to reduce the risk of the contamination and spreading of the virus.
We have devised a robust protocol for our day care and boarding services, for both our existing clients and potential new clients. The procedures for both can be found below.
- Handovers will take place outside the house using our own leads to reduce contamination. When the dog comes to us we will clip on our lead and unclip your lead. We will wear gloves and a mask.
- The car will be washed down and disinfected between journeys.
- We would ask that toys/treats etc are not provided by you so we can avoid additional surfaces being brought into our house and vice versa.
- For boarding dogs, if their beds/blankets can be machine washed, we will wash them before use, otherwise we will gladly provide a bed and blankets.
- For boarding dogs the same handover procedures will apply.
Potential New Clients
A requirement of the business license is to carry out a ‘Meet & Greet’ prior to any bookings being made. In order to maintain social distancing, the M&G will be carried out in the back garden rather than inside the house. Access to the garden will be via the garage. The M&G will only be held at a date and time where our own dogs are the only ones present to avoid potential contamination between households.
- You will be asked to come through the open external garage door and wait at the internal door gate.
- You will be asked to wipe your dog down with Leucillin spray (Leucillin.co.uk) which we will provide. Leucillin is an anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-fungal solution. It is non-toxic and non-irritant created for animals, and kills 99.99% of germs.
- You will be asked to clean your hands with sanitisier which we will provide, and we will then open the gate.
- Our own dogs will have been wiped down with Leucillin spray to enable safe interaction between the dogs.
- Once the M&G is over you will be able to exit the garden via the garage.
- Our information pack for you to take away will be places in a plastic wallet at least 3 days prior to your visit, and the wallet will be sprayed with anti-bacterial spray.