CONTAMINATION AVOIDANCE PROCEDURES
Following the easing of the lockdown restrictions announced by the Government on 10th May 2020, all dog services are allowed to resume as long as the business has protocols in place to reduce the risk of the contamination and spreading of the virus.
We have devised a robust protocol for our day care and boarding services, for both our existing clients and potential new clients. The procedures for both can be found below.
- We will collect your dog from your house as usual, with the handover taking place outside the house using retractable leads to ensure social distancing can be maintained. When the dog comes to us we will clip on our lead and unclip your lead.
- Our car will be washed down and disinfected where practicable prior to arriving at the your house.
- Before entering our house we will wipe the dog down with Leucillin spray (Leucillin.co.uk) which we will provide. Leucillin is an anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-fungal solution. It is non-toxic and non-irritant created for animals, and kills 99.99% of germs.
- Our own dogs will have been wiped down with Leucillin spray.
- The car will be washed down and disinfected.
- At the end of the day your dog will be returned home following the same procedure as for the collection.
- Returns to multiple households will be carried out in separate journeys, with the car being washed down and disinfected between journeys.
- We would ask that toys/treats etc are not provided by you so we can avoid additional surfaces being brought into our house and vice versa. We will provide toys and treats (with your agreement in case of allergies).
- For boarding dogs, if their beds/blankets can be machine washed, we will wash them before use, otherwise we will gladly provide a bed and blankets. Regarding food, we do offer a service of providing the food ourselves, but if you wish to provide the food yourself, suitable handover and storage procedures can be discussed nearer the time.
- For dogs boarding with us the same handover procedures will apply, except you will carry out the drop off and collection yourself as per our usual procedures..
Potential New Clients
A requirement of the business license is to carry out a ‘Meet & Greet’ prior to any bookings being made. In order to maintain social distancing, the M&G will be carried out in the back garden rather than inside the house. Access to the garden will be via the garage. The M&G will only be held at a date and time where our own dogs are the only ones present to avoid potential contamination between households.
- You will be asked to come through the open external garage door and wait at the internal door gate.
- You will be asked to wipe your dog down with Leucillin spray (Leucillin.co.uk) which we will provide. Leucillin is an anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-fungal solution. It is non-toxic and non-irritant created for animals, and kills 99.99% of germs.
- You will be asked to clean your hands with sanitisier which we will provide, and we will then open the gate.
- Our own dogs will have been wiped down with Leucillin spray to enable safe interaction between the dogs.
- Once the M&G is over you will be able to exit the garden via the garage.
- Should you wish to view the inside of the house, a virtual walk through recording can be sent to you by phone, and our FB photos and videos also show the inside.
- We would normally hand you an information pack, but this will be emailed to you instead.